Woman Burned in Fire Incident at Ozone Park Temple

A woman last Sunday was rushed to the hospital after her clothes caught fire inside an Ozone Park Hindu temple, according to the Fire Department and published reports.

Firefighters were called around noon to the Shri Trimurti Bhavan on 97th Avenue responding to reports of a small fire on the first floor of the temple. An FDNY spokeswoman said an Emergency Medical Services unit transported the woman, who reportedly suffered burns to a leg, to New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

A Daily News report indicated that a candle may have started the small accidental fire, which was extinguished before the first fire units arrived.

By Michael V. Cusenza


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>