Photo: Last summer, Mayor de Blasio rolled out major changes to the original Build It Back program. File Photo
With the June 30 deadline for homeowners to submit the documentation required to receive funding assistance through the city’s Build It Back program less than a week away, one area elected official is urging his constituents who have applications pending to file any paperwork necessary to pursue monetary aid as soon as possible.
“The aftermath of Superstorm Sandy took a huge toll on the residents of New York City, and my constituents are among those who were hit hardest,” said state Sen. Joe Addabbo, Jr. (D-Howard Beach). “This program has been a useful resource for homeowners trying to get back on their feet. If you previously registered with Build It Back but never continued with the process, now is the time to proceed. I urge you to act now and not miss your chance to receive the help and guidance that each and every person deserves.”
Applicants who are awaiting a damage assessment with Build It Back must schedule it by the end of this month. Any applicants who have not completed the full application and submitted their paperwork by June 30 will be removed from the program.
If you need assistance completing the Build It Back application process, Addabbo said to contact his Howard Beach office at (718) 738-1111 or his Rockaway office at (718) 318-0702.
By Michael V. Cusenza